Our Patient Pack List for
It’s important for patients to be comfortable while receiving treatment at Peachford Hospital. To ensure that all patients are prepared, we’ve compiled a packing list for individuals who are receiving inpatient treatment at our facility.
For the security of patients, staff and visitors, certain personal items are not allowed. Please be aware that patient belongings will be searched for contraband at admission. Any banned items will be returned to parents/guardians/family or disposed of according to hospital policy.
WHAT TO BRING
Upon arrival, please bring the following items with you:
- Insurance forms and personal identification
- Overnight personal care items including shampoo and toothbrush
- Enough casual clothing for three days
- Comfortable shoes, including sneakers for outdoor recreation (slip-on or velcro preferred)
- A small amount of money for vending machines
WHAT NOT TO BRING
These items are NOT allowed:
- Electronic devices
- Any substances that contain alcohol, drugs or other substances that could be abused
- Clothes or shoes with laces or strings
- Clothing advertising or promoting alcohol, drugs (including nicotine), sex, violent music groups or performers, or clothing deemed inappropriate by staff
- Revealing sleeping attire
- Food of any kind
- Items made of or containing glass
We’re Here to Help
Asking for help often feels like a scary hurdle to jump, but we’re here to walk you through it. Take the first step in discovering what life without crisis can feel like. Call Peachford Hospital at 770-455-3200 or visit our facility for a no-cost, confidential assessment by one of our licensed behavioral health professionals. We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help determine your individual needs and help find the best program for you or your loved one. For additional questions about our programs, call us or submit your inquiry through our online contact form. In the case of a medical emergency or crisis, please dial 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.