Peachford offers Parenting classes for families of patients enrolled at our facility, as well as families from the community. Classes are offered on Saturday mornings at 9:30am and are based on the STEP program (Systematic Training for Effective Parenting), which has 30 years of research supporting its effectiveness in improving family relationships.
- Week 1: Learn the 4 Goals of Misbehavior & Responding vs. Reacting to your Child
- Week 2: Learn about Personality Development & How Birth Order Influences Personality
- Week 3: Learn the Power of Encouragement & How it Differs from Praise
- Week 4: Learn How to Communicate Effectively Through Reflective Listening & “I” Messages
- Week 5: Learn How to Use Natural & Logical Consequences to Discipline Misbehavior
- Week 6: Learn How to Choose the Right Approach (Putting It All Together)
Contact us to learn more or to enroll in these classes.